Monday, July 12, 2004

2am, somewhere on the way to Susquehanna, PA

You will be glad to know that we did make the gig at the Rosendale Cafe with a few minutes to spare and were treated absolutely wonderfully by our host, Mark, and his staff. The restaurant was strictly vegetarian and we ordered some food before launching into the first fiddle tune of the night. The crowd was quite enthusiastic as we continued on for the next hour doing what we do best. We took a short break to shovel in their excellent food and then quickly got back at it to finish our obligation. Several people got up to dance in the small cafe and we generally had a grand old time glad to be out of The Chief for a few hours. As has been the case for most of our summer tour, we had a long drive ahead of us the next day and decided to leave after the show to drive to Nate's dad's ancestral New York home in Susquehanna. As I finish this entry we are still in transit and will probably get only a few hours of sleep before piling into the RV for the remainder of the trip to the Canyon Country Bluegrass Festival in..who knows where? Anyway, we'll have many more miles to go after that with a stop in NYC and more fun stories from the road. Thanks for sticking with us as we live this crazy life. We're more than halfway through it now.

3 comments:

  1. Always nice to get more updates... I'm still spreadin' the word back in these parts! I'm hoping you do another family-friendly location soon after your return. I've got some families to bring to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am listing to the Kennedy Center show while writing this, THIS SHOULD BE YOUR NEXT LIVE CD!!!!! It has new, and old, and stuff not presently on any of your CD's and I love it! Hey, I am a hoping you all are in the KC area next May and can squeeze in a wedding reception, I think if any body with half a brain listens to you all, you will be booked solid for years. I have a bole wrain and I would book you all the time if I only could. I know you are having fun and I am sure all us bloggers would love to be with you listening to every song! Can I go for a ride in the Chief when you get back?

    ReplyDelete