Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Updates in store

Well folks, it's been quite a challenge to have the time to do a post -- I write this from Moontime Pizza in El Paso, Texas. The guys are working on getting the sound going so I am taking a moment to check in. They have a high-speed connection here, and also Airport (Mac geeks should know all about this wireless connection -- I'm still learning) but the connection is a bit unstable right now. So I know I don't have time to do all the updates I want, but to help me (and you) keep track, here are the updates I plan to complete hopefully sooner than later:

1. More Arizona Angels
2. Throwdown at Club Congress
3. Something about the desert heat
4. Replies to your replies

and whatever else comes to mind when I have time sufficient to get it all out.

I'll leave a brief summary here:

We couldn't have survived Arizona if it weren't for all our Angels... can't wait to see the Tucson folks again... learning a lot about life on the road... saw a roadrunner today.

4 comments:

  1. How strange... I saw a roadrunner today, too. This crazy coyote was trying to catch him, and had apparently ordered some unhelpful paraphrenalia off the internet. Well, to cut a long story short, the coyote's attempt was unsuccessful. However, he continued his attempt. This was not the wise decision, because apparently he's not a very good carnivore... or at least not a very good hunter... and most of his failures ended painfully for him. Odd.

    Well, I hope things are going well for all.

    P.S. Who knew I could spell "paraphrenalia" right on my first try?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!

    Well, there's a long story about how I thought I was spelling it wrong, checked the spelling, thought it was right, but still got it wrong. As I tell my students who try to tell me stories about why they didn't get stuff done on time, "If this story doesn't involve pirates, a spaceship, or a dragon, I don't want to hear it."

    So I won't bore you with the details.

    Well, thanks for pointing it out. No, thanks, SERIOUSLY... I'm glad EVERYONE knows I can't spell "parafinalien".

    I kid. Thanks. Warmer days to you. Cooler days to The Wilders. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. Or afternoon, rather. Unless it's night where you are as I'm writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. levy is a tax or other charge of some sort
    levee is a dam to control river water (as opposed to a dike which controls sea water)
    All of which has nothing to do with the Wilders on Tour blog. We're just idly amusing ourselves while we wait to hear if they are all mummified by the desert heat. If so, there will be a place of honor for them at the tick ranch alongside the pet skulls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Eugene Levy is an actor.

    ReplyDelete