Saturday, February 12, 2005

Updates, albeit scattered

Hey y'all,

I just saw a news flash on Blogspot when I logged on and they have updated the way comments worked. I wondered what some of you were talking about... that must be it. Creating a new post looks the same to me though.

By the way, the Trading Spouses thing got shrunk to one episode -- I heard from Dan O'Brien this week -- and it will air on Monday, this Monday, 2/14. Since it's so short, there's even less chance of a Nate sighting, but maybe there's still hope.

So, yes, Salt Lake City was cancelled. We got the call Tuesday night! They were just not selling enough tickets and so they pulled the plug. A drag, but then again, it's kinda nice to be home this weekend to get ready for the tour. Though we could have used the sales for the band bank account.

Speaking of sales, there should very soon be a new button on our Goods page for the DVD, thanks to our web page dude. At that time y'all can order via Paypal. I will try to keep an eye on that and at that time will send out an email to the mailing list. I still haven't seen the finished video myself! Maybe we'll watch it on the road.

I have spent a lot of time in the past couple of days on the ol' iBook, emailing daily several times with Agent Mary, making more cyberconnections in preparation for the tour, making small handbills for various upcoming shows, mailing them, updating our schedule page,... on and on. That kind of work alone makes for nearly a full-time job. That also means that I am finally feeling better and I believe I'm out of the chest cold woods. It was a tough run! I was fine down in Louisiana but might have caught some more germs from Dirk's baby daughter, or something like that. So it was relapse city and a tough weekend in Lawrence. Thanks again to all of you for your well wishes.

Man, I hope we have a good crowd in Tulsa! I think it ought to be decent -- look forward to seeing some of you there -- my folks might even come, although they usually go to Tulsa for the opera (Mme. Butterfly is my dad's favorite)... my Mom read a story online somewhere about the ghost of Bob Wills which reportedly haunts Cain's. So we'd better do a good job or risk the wrath of Mr. Western Swing himself!

I never said anything about Louisiana. If I had to sum it up, here's what I'd say:

Louisiana rocks.
So does Dirk Powell.
I can't wait to go back there again.
Don't know when that'll be.
Hope we can do our next album with him too.
This album will be groundbreaking (I think).

As you all know, I could say more but I'll leave it at that, for now. It's hard to do but a good challenge for me.

Hopefully my story-writing skills will strengthen when we hit the road... this post is a bit scattered and multi-topical, but I just wanted to hit on a few things for y'all. So now you have the latest... y'all are the greatest.

4 comments:

  1. Hi groupies. Vieta is posting for me...to make a long story short I have visual problem reading white text on black; this keeps me from reading and posting on the Blog. Just thought I would throw you a music topic to talk about. If you saw the Grammy Awards, Loretta Lynn's Van Lear Rose album won best country album of the year. If you haven't heard this production, it is a must hear. Jack White collaborated with L. Lynn making it my current favorite album; no offense Wilders. The Wilders next album will become a favorite I'm sure.

    What was most cool about the recent Grammy show was Jack White talking about how Lynn's songs were not played on country radio just like this current album is void from mainstream country– a number one country album that doesn't get played by country radio! So, I think the Wilders have some of that integrity and push beyond the typical....there's a sensitivity that makes Loretta Lynn 'a great'... certainly this new album is awesome beyond all expectations.----------See ya', Sweetpea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello all. I still read, but don't post often. I know that Tucson is way far away, but if anyone can ever get out there to see The Wilders at Hotel Congress, you will NOT be disappointed. The Hotel Congress is a very cool, historic hotel. I don't think I have the ability to post images in this forum, but if anyone would like cool pix of the place (inside and out), LMK. It's such an awesome place. And Tucson is way cool too!

    Good luck Wilders on your Wild Wild West tour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey all. I just did a "speed-read" of the comments, as I should be in bed instead of reading. I'm house-sitting again (I don't mind, as I'm not fond of my own home that much these days) and they have a faster internet connection, so here I sit reading instead of sleeping.

    Here's wishing the Wilders safe journeys and many happy returns. And many happier fans!

    I put "Wings of a Dove" in on my drive back from Omaha this past weekend. It puts many good thoughts in my head, but I don't apologize for my stupid boycott of it for however-many months.

    It gets my creative side going, though, and I'm trying to piece this thing together based on it. I won't go into details, because odds are it's a stupid idea, but it keeps me off the streets so I'm going to run with it... but not in the streets.

    I hope everyone is doing well, and I look forward to a KC event that I'm able to attend soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I just "not-so-speedily-read" um... -ed... there's just no good grammatical way to come out of that mess, is there?

    Anyway, I just read the bit about my mom. Yes, that's what she said. Usually it was in arguments with my dad from when I was a bad 17-year-old who would stay out all hours. Dad would stay up, worried, and Mom would argue with him about the foolishness of that behavior.

    Ah, the good old days.

    Okay, I'm done sharing.

    ReplyDelete