Sunday, March 08, 2009

Tarmac Photos are the Best.


Nothing is cooler to me than seeing a photo taken from the tarmac of an airport. I remember watching newsreel footage of The Beatles touching back down in London after their triumphant first US tour. There were throngs of fans waving at John, Paul, George and Ringo. They all look a little freaked out by the commotion, but wave to the crowd before they are whisked away in their waiting limosine.


Here Ike is stepping off the plane into the cold German night. There's precious little in the way of a single fan, much less a throng. I guess the guy standing next to the plane counts for something...

5 comments:

  1. How come we never see any pics of Bro' Phil?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cause Phil take the best pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He writes well too don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes Betty, brophil does many things well, even much better than just well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldda been there to welcome you guys! Even wouldda baked a cake, if I'd a knew you were comin'! I guess that guy standing next to the plane forgot to tell me!

    These are great photos, indeed, brophil!

    ReplyDelete