Monday, September 12, 2005

Home Safe

Howdy folks,
We all made it safely home from the eastern tour. Sorry I didn't write more of the day-to-day drudgery for you, but it was a pretty intense trip, and we had precious little time for relaxation. The gas prices ($3.69 per gallon in Maine!!!) and Labor Day motel price gouging ($120.00 a night for absolute flea bag crap!!!) basically smacked us down for the entire trip, but we made some new fans and friends and were fairly well recieved by the masses. We are still sweating out our new CD deadline of Wednesday with no news thus far. After spending so much dough on the eastern tour, we desperately need to have it for Winfield or we will miss out on huge potential sales. Everybody please send a prayer to the CD manufacturer, AND the truck driver who will deliver it into our hands. If all goes well, the new CD, entitled "Throw Down", will be available by this weekend to all of those who go to Winfield. I have also made arrangements for the CD to be available for purchase on our website by this weekend as well. Everything came together marvelously, the artwork that Betse and I did is pretty danged neat and Ike and Dirk worked very hard to make it sound awesome. Pick it up and Throw Down! I will be shipping web orders all next week.
drive safely to Winfield!

5 comments:

  1. Home Safe here, also.

    I'm very much looking forward to this new CD. I'll send the proper prayers through what I hope are the proper channels to the proper people. Good 'n' proper-like.

    Now "proper" looks misspelled.

    Thanks for all the red-wearin', and I'll post all about the HUGE fight on my blog when I have a chance.

    I'm needing another good live Wilders fix, but the two CDs will tide me over until then.

    V, I'll send you my three favorites, but I did almost wreck the car while listening to "Angel Band", as it made me bawl like a baby. (That means it's a favorite, but I'm not sure how you'd get that from what I wrote.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any backup plans to get the CD's to Winfield if they show up like maybe Thursday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loading up and heading to Winfield this morning. My trailer is parked in the usual place just west of the main gate.

    I'd like to make a last minute appeal to all Wilder's fans to come on down, even if you have to max out your credit cards and lose your jobs. The Winfield festival is critical to understanding the essence of Wilderism. Legend is that the "Great Wilder" will appear in the middle of the Pecan Grove at 3 AM on a Friday night one year soon and transport all true believers to a great jam in the sky (actually just below the ozone layer) while others will be left behind to listen to and endless Lawrence Welk concert. This event will be known as the "ascension of the impaired", so don't be caught sober.

    I will be detailing all this in greater detail in the backstabbing tell all unauthorized history of the Wilders that I will be writing if they get just a little better known.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As far as new T-shirts, the answer is no. We might do some in the future but I'm not sure yet. As far as the new CD, I got a phone call yesterday letting me know that they are ready!!! WE WILL HAVE "THROW DOWN" AVAILABLE AT WINFIELD. It will also be available for purchase via our website sometime this weekend.

    As far as the appearance of the "Great Wilder", I'm not sure who Tickmeister has in mind. I do know that if it werent' for the Tickmeister, there wouldn't be a Wilders. So maybe Tickmeister IS the "Great Wilder". Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, it was fun. The great Wilder attempted to appear, but descended into the electric lights that were hanging 50 feet above La-La land, became entangled, and had to be rescued by the Winfield fire department. That happened Saturday morning while all in camp were asleep. The Great Wilder is none the worse for the wear, so maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete