Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Here we go again

In an effort to keep the numbers of comments per blog under 60, I herby submit a new place for y'all to post on.

I've not really been keeping up very well, have I? At least brotherphil is making good in his efforts to keep the updates coming. Let me see if I can provide a few updates, some of which are asked for in the last blog...

July 3 was indeed rained out. I was heading down there with some friends about 7:30 and saw they were directing traffic out of the park, none in. We got up to the rain-slickered police officer -- I rolled down my window, informed him I was a performer (that was probably obvious, due to my being all dressed up snazzy in black, including my new black slinky rayon cowgirl shirt, resplete with rhinestoney details) -- he said sorry, they called it off due to the big storm coming, couldn't I tell that from the lightning every 5 seconds, the enormous dark clouds and ominous wind? Oh, I might have made up that last part. Anyway, sorry if any of you were out there and had to hightail it home. I was looking forward to the live televised part! Oh well.

August 4 will indeed feature us in Westport. I just updated our schedule page tonight. We're on at 9 pm at the Beaumont Club. I think you pay $5 and can go to all the showcases that night. Our friends The Afterparty were also nominated (Best New Act) and are also playing at the Beaumont later that night. Cool. And here's what's cool for us -- while we've been nominated for like the last 5 years for Best Country/Bluegrass Act, this year we found ourselves in a new category -- Best Live Act! Don't cha think that's cool? The best part of all is that YOU can vote! Check out my political activism!


VOTE HERE!

I just did! You probably have to "complete the verification process" for your vote to count, so please follow through if'n you're willing to vote at all, ok? Now, let's have a winning ticket, folks!

Caught up as I was just now in my celebration of this country's rights (left over from Independence Day), I now forget whatever else I intended to update from your various posts. It's always an adventure hearing all your stories, and glad you all are still with us, escaping horrors daily. May they be much fewer and farther between for all...


devil

4 comments:

  1. I'll vote early and often. I'm heading out to Tennessee for Uncle Dave Macon days. Yee-haw, or Haw-yee, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the Wilders blog, so don't want to take up bandwidth about my checkered life. I sell, service and repair medical air compressors and vacuum pumps and cover a fair amount of the country in the process. I play old time and bluegrass, have played with a couple of bands and against several others. Currently perform as half of the Oxnard Twins. (Write for brochure, we need gigs.) Favorite past band, The Black Greasy Firemen, next band will be Buzzard Glory, old time and country blues trio a la NLCR. Now all the rest of you confess your worst sin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have voted. I wasn't sure if I was allowed to not vote for a category or not, so for the categories where I didn't recognize any names, I simply picked the funniest name.

    Unfortunately, that's how I vote in all elections. Bad, I know, but as it turns out most people don't seem to vote for the funny-name person, so I don't feel it does any harm.

    I am chompin' at the bit... or is it "champin' at the bit..." whatever. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Wilders on the 3rd or the 4th or both. Probably both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dave Macon days was a fun festival. Got there and back without catastrophic incident. Will write a detailed account on the farm blog in a day or so.

    ReplyDelete