Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Greetings from...

I bring you a few photos to satisfy your visual curiosities!

Foghorn at workFoghorn Stringband
These guys look like they're working hard. And they are, even though they sit. I am now a fan of them sitting to play, though they do great when they stand up with us for show finales. What you don't see in a Foghorn pic is how much fun they are really having. Sometimes it's verbal fun at our expense... but we always get them back.

road blockIke and Nate taking a moment while we wait
We hit a major road block on the only road to Bakersfield.... at least, I think it was on the way to Bakersfield. It was somewhere in California. There was a wreck a few miles ahead on this 2 lane highway and we lucked out to get stopped right by a big dune, so we could see for miles around us. Note the jug of water... we stay hydrated on the road!

drivingKeep your eyes on the road...
Note Phil's good posture while driving us through the Cascades. What you can't see is how much he looks like Hunter S. Thompson in those shades.

screamWhy am I screaming?
I just can't believe how beautiful the Cascades are... my mind is overwrought with such glory.

Cascades, March 2006See what I mean?
Ah, to live near these would be to live near heaven.

bighorn sheepBighorn Sheep, Jackson Hole, WY
These two were hanging out on the road in the preserve... a momma and kid, we believe. Both ewes, so the bighorns aren't all that big. By the time we drove past, they were headed back up the cliff. I asked them to please turn around one more time. The kid, ever curious, obliged.

wrestlersYou asked for it!
You wanted to see wrestlers... you sure about that? This was at our final show of the tour, in Denver, backstage (that is NOT the bathroom we used!)... the plan was to surprise Sweet Sunny South with a dance session on their last song, but the last song wasn't the right thing for dancing, so it was posponed until our finale with them. The guys left the stage and we played on, until they came out to wow the small but enthusiastic crowd with their unique moves.

So... I'll try to do this more often. I'm always saying that, aren't I? Well, we take what we can get sometimes! I'm actually all about that concept right now. It seems to be working pretty good for me.

11 comments:

  1. Great pictures Betse...I also would like to see one of Estebel. Loved the one of the ocean!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIKES!!!!OH MY GOSH!!! THOSE ARE MOUNTAINS!!!
    AFTER RELOOKING AT THE PICTURES I SEE MY MISTAKE.
    THAT MAKES MY SENIOR MOMENT FOR THE DAY!!!
    GUESS I LOVE THE OCEAN SO MUCH, I SEE IT WHEN IT ISN'T THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that IS the ocean!!! Beautiful!
    "thanks" Peggy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Estebel cannot be photographed. By the time you see her, she's already on you and pinning you to the floor. trust me, you don't WANT to see her...ever.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Billy the Kid killed 21 men before his 21st birthday. For Estebel, that's a slow Tuesday.

    Estebel is the only human on earth that Dick Cheney refuses to go hunting with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. H--E--L--L--0 out there in Blog Land.
    Where is everyone????
    If someone doesn't write soon, I will start seeing WAVES instead of MOUNTAINS again.
    Hope everyone is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,
    LVJ's plastic house comment reminded me that I recently witnessed a great improvement in Portajohn design. A couple of weeks back, I stepped into a orange and white plastic beauty backstage at the "Bluegrass on the Bayou" festival in Baton Rouge, LA. When I got in there, I noticed that the floor was not made out of solid plastic. Structurally, it looked like the top of a milk crate, but thicker. Not only did this design allow mud, water and, um...other liquids to escape, but it also allows air to come in from the bottom improving the overall ventilation. Portajohns...they just keep getting better and better. Thanks to science and engineering- making our lives better each and every day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Vieta,

    The bloggers are coming back slowly but surely. Your "little old house..Ike story" did the trick. Now we need to hear from more of you folks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, Deb's neighbor story reminded me of a good one of my own. Last fall, I invited two of my good pals, Sam and Mark, to reroof my garage on an indian summer weekend. We spent the entire day on Saturday, ripping off the old shingles, replacing rotten wood etc. It was hot and by the time we got it all ready for the new shingles, it was quitting time for the day. We were sweaty and stinky and ready for a cold beer. All three of us were pooped, and after we had a can of suds, everybody split to rest up for the next day's work- agreeing to hit it (literally) around 7am to try to beat the heat. I think I went to bed around 8pm that night. Just as I was falling asleep, I realized that the neighbors behind us were just starting to have a party. Well, it got wilder and wilder and louder and louder as the night progressed. I must have woken up 30 times to the sound of laughter, music and general mayhem that sounded- in the sweltering suburban night- like it was happening right under our window. The houses in my neighborhood are very close together, so they were practically under my window. Well, the straw broke the camel's back around 4:30am when I woke up for the last time to the sound of my VERY drunk neighbor singing The Village People's "YMCA" at the top of his lungs. My stomach balled up in a knot and just as I was getting ready to scream all manner of expletives out the window, my sweet wife, Kim touched my arm and said, "It's ok baby..." I looked down at her, unconvinced. "Just think," she said quietly, "Sam and Mark are coming over in few hours and they are going to be hammering nails right outside their window for rest of the day- and there's nothing they can do about it." That's my girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Bloggers are off and running again, and I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The trend seems to be that when we leave y'all hanging, you get sillier and sillier. With that said, I'll chime in for Betse here and let you know that she is a busy bee trying to get everything together for the national release of "Throw Down". She's been working on all the promotional stuff while I've been working on updating our website (which is badly overdue). Believe it or not folks, we actually work when we aren't playing. But isn't that the case with everyone? I say less work and more play. Gotta get back to work now...
    bp

    ReplyDelete