Monday, February 06, 2006

Proof that a 40-year-old can still rock it

get down


Phil turning



Here's Phil skateboarding in Bakersfield, CA... this morning, Feb. 6! Thanks Mom & Dad for the digital camera! Stay tuned, I'll be doing an actual post in a few minutes!



coming & going



Hey, here's Nate too... it was really fun watching the guys zoom around. Nate's friend John was with us too (he came up from LA for Supergrass), and he did some skating too. No, I didn't! And no, Ike didn't! Ike wanted to shoot some hoops with his new b-ball but there were no hoops at this park, just about 20 horseshoe plots and baseball & football field.

We so rarely get a chance to hang out a bit before we have to leave a town. It was a real bonus to get an extra night here in B'field, at a very nice hotel. We watched the Superbowl (yay Steelers!), enjoyed the hot tub, and got to sleep in with a late checkout today, which gave us just enough time to make that foray into the park.

So now we have a couple of days off. We think we'll take it easy and drive a bit towards Santa Cruz, and maybe enjoy a visit to the beach, or else it looks like Pinnacles National Monument might be a good route to take. I have no idea what it is, but it sounds like mountains.

I plan to tell y'all some stories about the Foghorn tour... it was more than fun and we can't wait to see them again next week. Or maybe this weekend -- they're playing SF on Thursday and Saturday, and we play Berkeley Friday, so we may get a little reunion. Gol-dangit, those dudes are sure fine musicians, fine people, good spirited high spirited comrades! We love 'em. Miss them right now, sniff.

Well... guess that's about all I got for you right this minute. I'll work on a synopsis of the Foghorn tour and will submit it for your collective edification and enjoyment, soon's I can get it written. Stay tuned for more digital photos! Thanks again, M&D!

5 comments:

  1. "Thanks" Betse it was good to hear. That will be good to have pictures with the words on posts.

    BroPhil and BroNate look like they know what they're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rest assured, Vieta, your son has the wits to not get mixed up in this board rolling foolishness again. But if he does want to get on one, I promise to suit him up with a pad for every limb and a helmet for his noggin. You'll notice from the pictures that I have about every spare area covered. So I've got pads a plenty. For the time being, I think he's more than happy to watch and bounce his basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHOOT! I had no idea Phil could roll like that! And nice pix, Bee. I sure miss you guys a ton! Again, stop by the Blue Light Chalet when you're back in town - David is still house ping-pong champ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, these pics have inspired me to set up a little skate park out here at the farm. I got one of those mountain boards, the ones with the big knobby wheels. Not much concrete around here, so had to go that way. I feel sort of bad for Ike, so may hang a hoop somewhere also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "HAPPY VALENTINE BIRTHDAY NATE."

    ReplyDelete