Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Merry Christmas AND Happy Holidays!

This will probably be my last post before the end of the year since there is absolutely nothing going on right now, and I have much more important things to do than try to think of something interesting to write- like waiting for the dang snow to melt so I can get back to the Sweeeeeeeeet skatepark they just built in downtown KC. So, in the meantime, all of you who are able to recieve Kansas City radio, please tune in on Christmas Eve to KCUR 89.3FM at 2pm. Yesterday, we went down to our beloved local NPR affiliate and pre-recorded an hour of Christmas goodness AND an interview for our pal, Robert Moore's show, Sonic Spectrum. Our special guests included our good friend Gary Miller (aka Bubba) AND Darth Vader, so it is NOT TO BE MISSED. If you are out of the KC radio area, KCUR 89.3FM can be heard online by pasting the following into your browser:
http://www.kcur.org/listen.html

If you are not able to listen on Christmas Eve, no problem, because Robert's show is now archived. Just go to the following:
http://www.kcur.org/SSArchives.html

I'm not sure how long it will take for the show to be archived, but I'd imagine that you might get to hear it before your fruitcake hardens up. Oh wait, fruitcake by definition has already hardened hasn't it? Well, you get the idea...
Best wishes from our Wilder families to yours...

4 comments:

  1. In determining my attitude toward my woodpile, size matters. I can feel a certain fondness for a woodpile that is big enough that I can't imagine burning all of it this winter. When it shrinks down to a little hump under the snow I look at it with total disgust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to hand it to you folks, y'all know how to keep yourselves entertained when we don't feel like writing anything. I check the blog at least once a day and when there are additional comments I look at THEM with a certain affection. Thanks for keeping ME entertained. I wish there was something to report besides, "nothin' to report". We go on tour again in about 11 days so maybe somethin' will happen in the meantime. If not, keep talking diapers and woodpiles.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey all!

    Yes, Peggy, it is original. I have spent MANY hours putting together stupid lyrics to songs nobody wants to hear. It's a talent, much like making twist-tie art, and equally useful.

    I was just coming here to ask everyone what their favorite Epiphany Song was, just to see if I'd get any serious responses, and then I see word of my song has preceeded me.

    So instead I'll just say "hello".

    Hello.

    Also, I'm hoping everyone has a bad-news free January, deb especially!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Curse my rushed copy-editing! "preceded", not "preceeded".

    I'm sucha a dolt!

    ReplyDelete