Sunday, November 27, 2005

80 is enough already!

Hey folks,
I know I am overdue for an update but I got sidelined with jury duty and have spent the rest of this weekend trying to digest all that Thanksgiving goodness. Rest assured, we are all well and taking care of our homes, families and delayed obligations. Kim and I were blessed last week with a nice visit from Mel, Nate and Gretel. She is growing quickly and looks sort of like Winston Churchill in her carseat. She's only a month old and already she is developing her own personality. Her parents are very, very proud. So I promise I will try to get some sort of update together for you this week but in the meantime, here's a new post so you don't have to scroll down so far to read other bloggers comments. take care.
phil

5 comments:

  1. LVJ, WHERE did you see the RS Ramblers? Yes, they really are something, eh? We like them as a band and as people... bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Timmer, too bad! We'll sure miss you. Well hopefully your calendar will be free when we come back up that way in January. Brrr, it's cold in KC tonight... I hope my skin is thick enough to withstand the cold up North! Yeah, I know, gloves help. Bob & DD, we'll look forward to seeing y'all and other northern groopers in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Timmer, too bad! We'll sure miss you. Well hopefully your calendar will be free when we come back up that way in January. Brrr, it's cold in KC tonight... I hope my skin is thick enough to withstand the cold up North! Yeah, I know, gloves help. Bob & DD, we'll look forward to seeing y'all and other northern groopers in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Everybody, I posted our "Christmas Snow" song on Myspace... Kim Wade wrote the lyrics to this beautiful song. I'm still trying to find where you can get the completed CD online... no luck so far. It was supposed to be released December 1st.

    If you're wondering what this is about, we were asked by the city of Winfield to be on their Christmas CD. It feels a bit like being adopted by Winfield! How sweet. Anyway, the song we sent them is different from anything we've ever done. Probably was a bit of a surprise for them to hear this side of The Wilders.

    If you go to our myspace page, wait for the audio player to load up in the top right portion of the page. Then click on "Christmas Snow" and sit back and enjoy.

    Happy holidays!

    Here's our Myspace page

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey all,

    Quick reply as I just tried to read the 800 posts or so since I last dropped by.

    I've been rehearsing for our concert, which was last weekend. I was gonna offer you my comp ticket, V, but by the time the person I'd promised it to told me he couldn't use it, we'd sold out!

    Betse, the song is "The Sleigh", which is... Russian, I think. I have it on LP. If you have a turntable I can loan it to you, but I must get it back at some point, because it is my dream to have a working turntable again.

    Bye all. Must go to the chorus post-concert holiday party now!

    ReplyDelete