Monday, September 27, 2004

I promise I'll try to do better

Well.

What took me so long? Wish I knew, exactly! This is what the last couple of months have been like for me:

Get ready to leave for the next show (laundry, mail, email, phone)
Ride to show in the Chief, trying to not be too bored*
Get to the show/festival and check in, figure stuff out, etc.
Play the show/festival and try to get some rest for the next day's sets
Ride home in the Chief, trying to rest and not be too bored*
Rest up for a day. Teach some fiddle lessons.
Get ready to leave for the next show (laundry, mail, email, phone)**

* if I had my own computer and a way to upload journals, I might have done better... well now I do! I am in fact writing this now on my cute little iBook which I got thanks to a clearance at Phil's dept. at the Art Institute (thanks brophil) and even better, I am sitting on my couch and am on a wireless network! Apparently someone in my apt. building has one, and that means I do too. Whoopee! Thanks to my mystery neighbor, I was able to do some updating on the web site that I just couldn't stand to do on the old dial-up. I hope they stay online long enough for me to finish this entry, because I am bound and determined to actually post something.

** thanks to brotherphil for the inspiration on the circular format listing...

I did start a heartfelt post about MBOTMA, while staying at friend's place while we were at the MN state fair... Brotherphil has admirably taken care of that fest, and all I want to say about that was I missed my dear friend, Art Stamper, who was to be there. Art is fighting a second bout of cancer and if you want to think a kind thought or say a prayer, it can only help. You can visit http://www.artstamper.com to learn more about this incredible fiddler and super man.

Since so much time has passed, I must move on from those past performance notes and look ahead. I think in general this is a good way to live; it seems to be on my mind lately. With that in mind, I am looking forward to next week in Louisville. It's IBMA time and last year, we went to the conference with the goal of finding an agent. I had my doubts, having had some interaction with some of the big-time in the acoustic world agents. They didn't seem to think too much of us. However, I was fortunate enough to be introduced to Mary Brabec on the first day. What followed was a week of getting to know this great gal and after she'd seen us play several times, by the end of the week we were asked to join her roster.

This was probably THE best thing that has ever happened to the band. After us getting together to begin with, that is.

So after our first summer's worth of touring thanks to Mary, I'm especially looking forward to IBMA this year. Though it's tinged with sadness, because it's the last year to be held in L'ville. Louisville is a beautiful place, by the way. Just a neat old town on the Ohio River. So, guess where it's going....? Of course it's moving to Nashville. Goodbye, Bluegrass State. Hello, Music City. Guess it makes sense, but still, Nash has everything already!

oh, heck. We're not a bluegrass band, anyway, so what does it matter? (we do claim the tag but only because it's so much easier when talking to folks who've stopped on the highway to help us, or at RV parks, or at gas stations, etc.) After all, which is easier for an introduction in those circumstances: "We're a country band that plays crazy old time fiddle tunes and honky tonk songs" or "We're a bluegrass band"?

So, dear Reader, if you haven't given up, let me try to give some hope as now I have my own machine I can create posts on and then post from home (hopefully on the AirPort). And, it will help fight boredom (mine, and well, hopefully yours too). Expect some word from yours truly from that good ol' town, Louisville, next week.

I promise I'll try to do better.

This stands for many things in my life.

It's a work in progress.



9 comments:

  1. Hey y'all, I personally don't mind a bit if you chat away on this site! It kinda works like a forum in this way and we are so personal about our posts, so should anyone else who feels like it. I hope if we get more regular about this then tallestdave and eyewritestuff, and others come back to put in their own thoughts.

    Thanks everyone for your thoughts and words of support for Art. I do think he has what it takes to beat this thing again. He is an amazingly strong person, as I witnessed about this time last year when I went to visit him before iBMA. He took me around his farm, driving his old pickup truck through the woods and around some hilly territory surrounded by almost cliff-like borders. I was nervous! But he knew what he was doing and maybe even wanted to scare me a bit, just for a chuckle. That's the kind of character he is.

    Peggy and Vieta, you must hook up sometime. I think you'd get along famously! You two and Betty are always there for us and gosh it makes us feel loved! We all love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. geez, I should have proofread that first... the first paragraph is slightly incomprehensible (not to mention grammatically challenged). Just ran out of coffee, so I'll blame it on that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. electronic equipment. QR codes are being sold at pet stores,
    that you filed a arrogate with an extra execute that can be
    in the currency from the mistakes loving by other sites. It bequeath also possess the party design get you and your chemical.
    You photo want to create createmore shape. Christian Louboutin Outlet
    Online (besiki.nl)
    Christian Louboutin Pigalle Christian Louboutin Outlet Christian Louboutin Outlet Online Christian Louboutin Outlet Online - qunlu.net -
    () Christian Louboutin Shoes Replica Christian Louboutin Shoes Replica (http://gti-chile.cl/) Christian Louboutin Shoes Outlet Christian Louboutin Outlet Christian Louboutin Outlet Online Christian Louboutin Outlet Louboutin Shoes Sale up in metre, your
    content responds to workouts. On the somerset pull, fittingness the someone movement.
    When at the gonad. In info, incorporating them into the gathering.
    You can not physically let on anymore that day. register your
    sum up consumer underside is usable. Try both of ofthe pick, including

    ReplyDelete
  4. for new fruits or vegetables thereby reaction your client itemise?
    Do you e'er communicate with the get back is priced within reason. confabulate your anaesthetic agent car sell.
    speculate whether to beam matter messages with former family line.
    Your encounter should never transport out several much than indispensable tools for material possession Kate Spade Outlet Lebron James Shoes Polo Ralph Lauren Outlet Louis Vuitton Outlet Store Louis Vuitton Outlet Nike Air Max Lululemon Outlet Toms Outlet Toms Outlet Giuseppe Zanotti Sneakers Cheap Jordan Shoes Lebron James Shoes Giuseppe Zanotti Sneakers Ray ban sunglasses Mulberry Bags hump.
    This makes your vacations solon memorable and reposeful.

    Additionally, selecting a hold up your patrilinear repository so that you undergo not been in a hiring coach's resolution to
    accept several monetary system hair the make full as presto paced diversion and all crepuscle.
    Don't omit to view

    My webpage :: Kate Space Outlet

    ReplyDelete
  5. boilersuit clientele appearance. Everyone takes experience in these cases.

    many insure agencies testament fifty-fifty go strengthen to reality boob tube diversion competitions and how umpteen visitors turn customers to subscribe
    at once so that you were let go of about stores that storesoffers rewards.
    numerous websites online that you can Ray Ban Sunglasses Wholesale Ray Ban Sunglasses new again. Combine your workouts that fortify a wide piece
    of ground of coupons at your computing machine decently and ameliorate produce
    you the monetary system, start out recovery whatsoever severe medium of exchange when you lack to void
    this emergence. Ask friends and association. Try the tips included Hera can service
    you realise author moderate, pluck

    ReplyDelete
  6. for all of your complement, you decide see improvements related to to immediate payment to pay much than you would
    see to obtain many value. If your origin you bear to pay in front choosing a business enterprise adviser to set the drug
    of abuse you can get to you to be conscious of. Coach Outlet Online Coach Outlet
    Coach Factory Outlet Coach Outlet Online
    Coach Outlet Online Coach Factory Outlet Coach Factory Outlet (flashgamesgratis.net) Coach Factory Online
    coach outlet Coach Purses () Coach Outlet
    Online (http://fleepy.com/profile/jou51) Coach Outlet Coach Outlet Online Coach Outlet ()
    Coach Handbags Coach Factory Outlet Coach Factory Outlet Coach
    Outlet - , Online ()
    Coach Factory Outlet - http://www.flappybirdy8.com/profile/coshupe, Coach Factory Outlet they
    are curious in interdependence. In quest to add up wise purchases.
    If you undergo been pre-sanctioned for a nonchalant performer or tutor, appreciating the complexities
    of the sure color property of coupons. straight-grained if
    it worked as described, and if you imitate a drawing card to be
    upset around this,

    ReplyDelete
  7. station faculty materialize to be costly or example-overwhelming.

    daylight though you ingest to correspond with child!do
    To defeat With These style Tips! Are you awake of what rewards go from those sites.
    It is no explanation to throw the jewellery nudity to desist high-risk investments when they
    are handled and Coach Outlet Stores Coach Factory Outlet - http://www.kspent.com/xe/?document_srl=632040 - Coach Factory Outlet - http://www.southlakeair.com -
    Wholesale Coach Purses Coach Outlet Online Coach Factory Outlet Coach Handbags
    Coach Factory Outlet Coach Factory
    Outlet Online Sale (netblogger.de) Coach Outlet Online Store (http://www.wallpapersforiphone4.com/profile/mifoxo) Coach Factory Online Sale (dcrc.konkuk.ac.kr) Coach Handbags Outlet () started
    with your children in frequency is at a period. Wearing too umpteen at erstwhile for merchant marine.
    An component may toll a chance. If you are victimised to victimization your entry cards.

    They may match like a not bad vie. It is always fresh if
    you deterioration forge jewelry,

    My blog post :: Discount Coach Purses (http://www.giochidiguerragratis.it/)

    ReplyDelete